This course aims at providing students with:-
- An understanding of the role of media in modern society
- A thorough grounding in the role of journalists
- Knowledge of specific media roles and skills
- The skills to research, write and present effective copy
- Skills in presenting publications for the market place
- An awareness of the legal environment in which the media operate.
- Increase and broaden trainees’ employment opportunities within the industries
- Provide them with an extensive theoretical and practical knowledge base on which to build their careers and enable them to progress to higher levels of the media and journalism industries
- Increase and broaden trainee’s understanding of contemporary multi platform journalism skills, and their awareness of the emerging digital media landscape and the new opportunities which are becoming available
- The course broadens skills and knowledge base for practicing journalists, and who require appropriate qualifications for career advancement or promotion purposes.
- Competency in written and spoken foreign languages.
Graduates of these courses will be able to work in salaried employment or self-employment.